Sunday, May 10, 2009

Summa, Summa, Summa time!!!

I'm on a roll with post number 2!

Since i have been planning so many summer trips I am constantly on orbitz.com and actual airline website checking for the best deal out there. I just have to say that Delta is having some amazing deals going on right now. Currently I have found round trip tickets, including taxes from Rochester to Daytona Beach, Fl for only $163. Usually tickets into Daytona are no cheaper then $350. Then I have found cheap tickets with delta to Los Angeles between $200 and $250! This is great news since I will be heading out there soon, with my friend Val. Then, for all the NC fans, I will be heading down to Charlotte late summer, early fall and I have found some amazing deals for long weekends, ranging from $120 to $150!

I am so excited to book tickets to all of these places and I can not wait for the fun that is waiting for me at each destination. Oh, by the way, the daytona tickets are for my mom and dad, not me.

I have so much to look forward to. It is still so hard to believe that I am not returning back to school in august like I have done for the past 6 years. I feel like I need to hurry up and get all my vacations in during the summer and then I realize, "Oh wait, I have all year to do whatever I want." This is just the best feeling.

Another new thought that I have been seriously entertaining is buying a condo in Rochester. I know Rochester isn't the ideal place ot buy a condo, since you can buy a house for an equivalent price, but a house comes with so much more responsibility. In a condo, you just pay an HOA fee and then you don't have to worry about anything other then upgrades you want to do yourself inside of your place. I have found really cute places in and around Greece and Chili area for about $50,000 to $60,000. This is an incredibly feasible price when including taxes and HOA fees.

When I started thinking about buying a condo i want really taking it too seriously until last night when I was talking with my father about the idea and his face lit up and he graciously offered to be a co-signer for me for the loan. He thinks it would be a great idea and so do I since I don't want an apartment, or the responsibility of a house, but I want something of my own. Plus, I love how I wouldn't be all alone, I would have neighbors close by. i am a chicken shit when it comes to being home alone in a house. I would love to get a two bedroom, 1 and half bath unit and then get a roommate. So as of right now, I am still a little low on cash for this and my plans of moving to CA are getting int he way of make a decision like this, but it may be a great thing for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment